Sunday, July 27, 2008

As promised, here is a picture of my first two attempts at screen printing. Neither of them are finished yet, but for a first attempt I'm pretty happy. The flowers are done with a paper stencil, and the octopus is done by reduction method. He will eventually be a lovely purple gray, and using the photo method, I'll add detail in black to both him and the waves he's floating in. I can't get over how messy screen printing is, but once you get the groove it can go very quickly, actually the printing is the fastest part of the whole art form. I have been trying to get in touch with my inner kindergartner again, but as you can see in the case of the octopus, I never do anything simple right off the bat.

1 comment:

Pinkdotties said...

wow, you did great! Did you like it, do you still have the one I sent ya? Well, take care!