Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Garage Sale this weekend was a blast. I didn't find as much as I usually do, put I did come home with a few treasures, and hey when it comes to us thrift junkies sometimes less is more. Here are some pics of what are now part of my prized posssesions.
Vintage Santa figurines
((1950's Japan)The one with a beard is a bell)
& Santa/Angel Nesting doll
8 Yards of the Coolest Vintage Fabric I've found in my whole life so far.

vintage fabric

vintage fabric

Bathing Suit patterns, Vintage blue & green coat buttons & bird playing cards

Crochet Thread

So it did not end up being an entire trunk full of stuff but I'm happy with my small treasures and speaking of small treasures here's a picture of a project I've had sitting around for months.
I found a cracked white frame on the clearance shelf at Joann etc. for 1.50 and grabbed it. I covered the matte with a piece of scrapbook paper, backed it with a coordinating piece, did a little rub on transfer artwork in the bottom space, and added the polka dot ribbon to the frame (which covered the crack perfectly). It's now on permanant display on the window ledge behind me at work.
Love! Love!


Oh, and just for a little giggle. I was bored in the sewing room.
This is V8, the tomato alien. Dig that crazy fiberfill hairdo!!


1 comment:

Pinkdotties said...

mr. tomato is cute!