Saturday, July 02, 2011

From Ugly to Gorgeous in Seven Coats

Finished Mirror with Butterfly Decals


I've been working at my current position at R.I.T. now for five years, and in all that time, perhaps more, there has been, hanging on the wall this mirror. This big, brown, plastic mirror. I've been staring at it for five years, and every time I look at it, it makes me cringe. Well yesterday I took it off the wall, brought it home, and took it apart. Then I brought out my current most favorite creative tool in the world! Ready for it? Insert Drumroll here!


That's right! Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Gloss White spraypaint! I'm in love with this stuff. So anyway, now that ugly brown, plastic frame is white. It looks absolutely amazing! It's gone from Ugly to Gorgeous in only seven coats.


It's almost ready to be reassembled. I'm going to use the last two butterfly transfers left over from the chair on the mirror itself. I bet now there will be fights over it at work! It will impossible to miss now on the carpeted, cement, BROWN (!) walls.

1 comment:

Pinkdotties said...

you are in a roll!! wow! love it!!