Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Getting back to the Little things. Little floral dresses that is!

I love the fact that after so long away from it, I am finally able to get back to some sewing, which is such a big part of who I am. It's as natural as breathing. I been able to pull out a pile of projects I've cut out to make over the past few years, and decided, I would see what I could get done. It's been great!

A number of my former students have been the benificiary of some cool things in the mail, like embroidered pillows, and screen printed totebags, but this, this little dress has been haunting me for ages.


It started out much longer, but that was starting to look a lot like a mumu. I cut almost 16" from the base, and now it's more of a mini dress. It's made from a vintage sheet (yes, I've started to cut into the collection) with a floral pattern I fell in love with. It's so close to being finished. There's not much left to do to it now except put the elastic in the sleeves and make/thrift a little belt for it. Then I will post it in my store to see if it will sell. I've always wanted to make clothing for the store from my vintage materials and this is an exciting start. We'll see.

What do you think of the start of my new clothing collection? Pretty fun, huh??

No comments: