Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Of Rasta hats and MRI dreams....


I won't lie to you when I say that it has been an incredibly slow start to the new year for me. Having been waylaid over the Christmas/New Years Holiday with horrible back pain and muscle spasms that lasted over six weeks, I was excited to get back to work and life three weeks ago. Last week I began to have sharp pains in my side and down my leg primarily while sitting so I went back to the doctor to hopefully dig a little bit deeper into why it might be doing that. I have an MRI tomorrow, and I've never been happier to be shoved into a small cramped space. At this point I'll do anything if the pain will go away. My ice pack and I have been best friends for three weeks. The thing that has really driven me nuts is that I'm just not back up to full speed. There are so many projects on hold and no matter how much I want to there is no way that I am completely back to a full life yet. I have been able slowly to work on one or two things, but not for long periods of time. The hat and scarf set above was a custom order that I'd had since December. Since I spent the majority of Saturday on the couch I figured I would knock it out of the ball park. It came out better than I expected, but I don't know why I didn't take a picture of it completely finished. It's on it's way now to the new owner who I've heard vague rumor loves it. Now if I can just get to the two half completed baby quilts, life would be complete, and I could move on to the things I love. Listing things on my store and making things for my store. Well hopefully tomorrow I'll have some concept of what my body is doing and where to go from there. Fingers crossed I'll be back at my sewing machine soon!

No comments: