Tuesday, April 17, 2012

QR Code Quilt Update


I started working this weekend on my personal QR code quilt, and I have to say that at this point the easiest part has been buying the fabric. I stopped at Joann Etc. on Sunday to pick up Black and White Kona Cotton which is hands down the best quality solid colored cotton there is out right now.

I realized quickly that to obtain the finished size I wanted for my booth at the end of the year I would have to make the squares pretty small, so in the end I decided on 1.5" squares. I've never worked with squares this tiny before and the finsihed strip ends up being only 1" wide. Kinda tiny for my fat fingers, but I'm determined to keep going. This picture above isn't the best, I took it quickly with my smart phone, but there are two strips of squares done now, and a binding edge. I only have about 37 more rows to go! Wish me luck. I've begun to think I bit off more than I can chew here, but the knowledge of how amazing it's going to look spurs me on. Fingers crossed!

No comments: